The idea of opinions has been weighing on my mind lately. Everyone has one, I think we all know the saying “Opinion are like assholes, everybody has one.” This got me thinking of why you, the readers of this blog, should listen to or trust mine.
I am not going to answer this by justifying my voice to you. I think that is a watered down way to answer that question.
Instead, I want to give you a better look into who I am. That is the real reason to value and trust another’s opinion, to know who they are and where they are coming from.
So, without further ado:
- I don’t follow trends. I never have. Trends are part of what made me go into the field of design in the first place. I hated them and wanted to create things that are timeless.
- I am incredibly sensitive to my surroundings. Being surrounded by things that I find beautiful makes me happy. Putting on an article of clothing or a piece of jewelry I love, brings me joy. The exact reverse is true as well. Things that are lackluster or bland make me sad and bored.
- Color is part of that. I find vibrant colors beautiful, which is why I wear and decorate with them. Neutral tones come across sad to me, which is why it is rare to see me use them.
- I am very picky about everything. It can be infuriating to others and even myself, but it helps to fill my life with only things I really connect to.
- I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. I use references from the books in everyday conversation, “It would be so much easier to apparate there.” I actually wore Ravenclaw colors, blue and bronze, after I got sorted into their house on pottermore. Shout out to my fellow house members!
- On that note, I own a Dumbledore’s Army t-shirt and I wear it. It is the only graphic tee that I own and wear because I typically don’t like them. I do make exceptions for Harry Potter.
- I can’t help stopping by the shoe department in stores. I don’t necessarily need to try anything on, I just feel like I need to be aware of my options. If you ever go shopping with me, you would need to know this.
- And to wrap up my opinions and facts about me, I am currently listening to Sylvan Esso, Clean Bandit, and Iggy Azalea’s “Black Widow” while working. It’s keeping my energy levels intact and creative juices flowing.
Just a little lagniappe for your Friday. Enjoy your weekend and I’ll be back next week with more style posts, from the beach!